twitter




Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Heel pain since i started this new job?

I'm having a new job that involved standing in place for hours and i cannot sit. I've been doing it for a week now and each day after 2-3 hours at work i start getting very bad heel pain.





I tried 2 different pair of shoes, one of them with some gel in it, but it doesnt help. After my shift, my heel is hurting like hell. Do you guys have a suggestion what should i do to help alleviate the pain ?





Maybe it's just adaptation, my previous job (for the last 6 years) was a desk job, maybe i'm just not used to be standing for so long.





Any suggestions ?

Heel pain since i started this new job?
It's one of those things you have to get used to. For example when I started getting P.E everyday, I'd come home with a lot of pain, but little by litle I got used to it. So will you.
Reply:There is a chance you have calcium deposits in your heels, they're called bone spurs. They do hurt very, very badly. If this problem continues, I'd go to your doctor. I think they can see them with an x-ray.





I'm not sure how they deal with them, except the worst kinds have foot surgery to remove them. But, don't automatically expect the worst. You might look on line for a website that could tell you about them and how to help yourself.





For temporary relief you can use Advil or Aleve (the generic versions of these are just as good). These medicines are anti-inflammatory.





Hope you get some relief!



viruses

No comments:

Post a Comment