twitter




Saturday, October 24, 2009

Any suggestions for my next pair of running shoes?

I've been wearing Reebok Premiers for about 3+ months now, and they've been okay but lately it feels like I'm getting shin splints in my right leg which never happend before. I'm thinking maybe my shoes are getting worn out. The reeboks were my first pair as I just started running in late January this year.





I'm an underpronator, medium-high arch, heavier (208 lbs...and I'm losing. thats down from 230) and run about 15-20 miles a week.





i've been looking at brooks glyrcerins or maybe some asics. I'm not really sure what's best.





also, does being heavier make your shoes not last as long? I've read to replace them every 500 or so...would someone heavier like me need to do that sooner?

Any suggestions for my next pair of running shoes?
well being heavier sure makes you absorb more shock, but there are shoes for people that run high mileage because they lots of shock as well from hitting the pavement so much.


personally, i love asics. really, when you go to a professional shoe store, they'll just give you a whole bunch of shoes (for a underpronator) and you just have to try all of them and see which is more comfortable for you. they wont know what shoes most comfortable, they can only recommend shoes for underpronators.





also, if the black part near the heel is wearing out, replace them (even though you haven't run 500 mile yet) mine normally go 350-400 with the mileage i have
Reply:nike shocks..ive never had shin splints



credot siosse

No comments:

Post a Comment