twitter




Friday, November 6, 2009

Hi everyone, I placed this question in the womens section and I will have to ask this question regarding my?

right ovary. on the 28th of last moth I got an ultrasound and it showed 2 septated ovarian cysts and fluid in the pouch of Doglous, and last Monday I bleed soooooo much when it was not my period I almost hemeraged. No the cysts did not burst becasue I was told I would be in a lot more pain than I was. Now today I had another ultrasound internally and it showed fluid still in my right ovary and the septated cyts have gone and now there is fluid in my pelvis for the first time, and it shoed a simple cysts or a follicle. What the? I cannot understand this. 3 weeks ago it was a sus septated cysts not it has gone and now shows a differnet cyst wtih fluid in my pelivs as well as the ovary. Is it possible that ovarian cancer is hard to detect and that will wlll show free range fluid but things that look like a cysts. I mean to go from a spetated one to a simple one ar possilbe follicle has me confused.What is this? Will I need a biopsy? Is it possible that it is cancerous and the fluid has

Hi everyone, I placed this question in the womens section and I will have to ask this question regarding my?
The normal values for a CA-125 depend on the lab running the test. In general, levels above 35 U/ml are considered abnormal.


In pre-menopausal women, the test is less reliable as values are often elevated due to a number of non-cancerous causes, and a value above 35 is not necessarily a cause for concern.


Polycystic ovary syndrome is characterized by mild obesity, irregular menses or amenorrhea, and signs of androgen excess (hirsutism, acne). Typically, the ovaries contain multiple cysts. Diagnosis is by pregnancy testing, hormone level measurement, and imaging to exclude a virilizing tumor. Treatment is symptomatic.


Complications of PCOS:-


* Sterility


* Obesity-related conditions, like high blood pressure and diabetes


* Increased the risk of endometrial cancer -- this is because the endometrium (lining of the uterine wall that sheds when you menstruate) can get thicker and thicker (hyperplasia) due to the lack of ovulation


* Possible increased risk of breast cancer


Please see the web pages for more details on Cancer Antigen-125 and Polycystic ovary syndrome.
Reply:Hon, only your doctor can answer these questions. Call him/her up and ask or leave a message for him/her to call you back. Then, while you are waiting for the call, write down every question you have so they are handy when he/she calls back.





Good luck.



performing arts

No comments:

Post a Comment